Done Deal ! Mahrez Pose In Arsenal Jersey

Arsenal have been given the go ahead to sign Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez after the withdrawal of Roma’s interest in the Algerian.

Mahrez, 26, desires to leave the Foxes this summer and released a statement at the end of the previous season to confirm how desperate he is for a switch.

Roma have held lengthy negotiations with Leicester for the Algeria intentional but are not able to meet the Foxes’ £40million valuation.

Craig Shakespeare confirmed last week that Mahrez is targeting a move to a ‘top six club’ in England and Roma have halt their pursuit with Leicester showing no signs of cutting their price, according to Sky Italia.

Wenger admitted last week that the Gunners had ‘not yet’ made a bid for Mahrez but suggested that Arsenal were interested in the winger.

‘We have not made a bid for him but personally I like the player,’ the Gunners manager said of the 2015/16 PFA Player of the Year.

‘Have we made a bid for him? No. Not yet. Not yet means it could happen, it could not happen.’

The Gunners kicked off their Premier League campaign with a dramatic 4-3 triumph over Leicester City but Wenger remains determined to bring in more players before the end of the summer transfer window.

Alexandre Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac joined the Gunners squad this summer but Wenger still wants to sign a creative wide player.