All Terms Agreed – Medicals On Tuesday – Player Set To Become A Gunner

Arsenal could be set to make a late bid for Everton midfielder Ross Barkley with Spurs dragging their feet over the transfer, according to Transfer Market Web.

The England international is expected to say his goodbyes to the Toffees this summer having fallen out-of favor with manager Ronald Koeman.

Spurs have been keeping tabs on Barkley all through the summer, but Chairman Daniel Levy has stalled in getting the deal done.

The 23-year-old is reportedly keen on an exit this summer having seen his career stagnate in recent seasons.

Arsenal could offer Barkley a way out and launch a late bid before the transfer window slams shut later this month.

Arsene Wenger is believed to still be in the market for more players to improve his squad having secured just two signings this summer.

Barkley has reportedly been identified as a potential replacement for playmaker Santi Cazorla, who has been out with a long-term injury and is not expected to be given a new contract.

Everton boss Koeman admitted earlier this week that Barkley’s future remains in doubt.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. There is no update about his situation,” he said. “I will wait until the end of August [before deciding whether Barkley will be part of his plans for this season].”

Barkley has played 179 games across all competitions for Everton since making his debut for the club under David Moyes in 2010.

He is currently out with a hamstring injury and has not yet been set a return date.