Brozovic Set To Become Arsenal 3rd Summer Signing As Inter Milan Accepts Bid

According to reports in Italy via The Sun, Arsenal are favorites to land Marcelo Brozovic and are ready to commence negotiations with Inter Milan this week to thrash out a deal.

Arsene Wenger is slowly offloading some unwanted players with Carl Jenkinson and Gabriel securing deals in recent days while Lucas Perez is also reportedly close to return to Deportivo.

The expectation is that Wenger will dip back into the transfer market once he has gotten rid of some players and it looks like Brozovic could become a prime target.

The Sun is citing a report from SportItalia that claims Arsenal are showing a keen interest in signing the midfielder and negotiations could take off this week over a potential deal.

The Gunners have been linked with Brozovic for a while now and there were rumors Wenger was keen when he moved to Inter from Dinamo Zagreb in 2015 so it seems the French boss could be about to reignite his interest in the Croatian international.

The 24-year-old has struggled to hold down a regular place at the San Siro and the newspaper says he’s been deemed surplus to requirements but it’s not made clear what Inter’s asking price is.

Brozovic is a deep-lying midfield playmaker so Arsenal could be eyeing him as a potential long-term replacement for Santi Cazorla – who continues to recover from an on-going Achilles injury that’s already seen him sidelined for 10 months.

We’ll have to wait and see how things develop but I’ve said all summer that we desperately need a new central midfielder so hopefully Wenger manages to sign one before the transfer deadline.