Done & Dusted – Bezema Pose In New Arsenal Jersey After Medicals

The transfer deadline is gradually drawing near and according to a report in the Express, Arsenal are set to launch a late swoop to try and sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.

Arsene Wenger has been backlashed by many sections of the fan-base for his inactivity so far in the transfer market as he has only managed to get two signings done this summer – Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette.

Arsenal have been linked with a whole host of players in recent weeks but as it stands we’re not close to bringing anyone in and Wenger confirmed earlier today that our proposed move for Thomas Lemar is now ‘dead’.

The Express are citing Diario Gol as saying that Arsenal are poised to launch an audacious late move to try and lure Madrid striker Karim Benzema to the Emirates before the window ends.

The French international has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and the Spanish outlet suggests that Wenger wants to finally sign the front-man and that a move is more likely if we end up selling Alexis Sanchez.

Benzema’s position at Madrid is being threatened as he was only able to pick up 11 La Liga goals in the previous season and the European champions are still looking to sign Kylian Mbappe.

If Madrid win the race to sign the Monaco starlet then they may decide to let Benzema go and Calciomercato reported earlier this month that the striker could be available for around £62m.

It seems the 29-year-old could be offered a fresh start here in north London, however, I’d personally take these reports with a huge pinch of salt as I’d be stunned if Wenger was to spend on another striker.

Benzema would be a better option compared to Welbeck but I won’t be getting my hopes up and would prefer the club focused on strengthening at the back and in midfield.