All Terms Agreed ! Jack Wilshere Drops The Red Shirt – Medicals Today

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce has confirmed he wants to sign Jack Wilshere, if the midfielder will be willing to come down to the Championship.

Wilshere’s future has been making headlines all summer due to claims that he is now deemed surplus at the Emirates.

Turkish club Antalyaspor were heavily linked with a move for the midfielder but they couldn’t come to an agreement over a fee with the Gunners.

Villa are another club to have indicated interest in acquiring the England international’s signature and Bruce has now confirmed he would be interested in signing Wilshere if the opportunity arises but ruled out spending big to land the midfielder.

Speaking on his club’s transfer target, Bruce said, as quoted by the Daily Cannon:

“Snoddy (Robert Snodgrass) is somebody I’ve known for a long time – I bought him for Hull – so that’s something we’re looking into and exploring.”

“The Jack Wilshere one – hey, who wouldn’t want Jack Wilshere? But I don’t know whether we’re capable of landing him and let’s not forget he’s only 25.

“People have said that I’ve got millions and million to spend, where it’s been the complete opposite. With financial fair play, unfortunately we haven’t got millions and millions to spend so I’ve got to be a little bit prudent, see what we can do and try and balance the books.

“In that respect it’s been a very difficult summer, but an enjoyable one.

“I think the vast majority of supporters understand that. If they think I’m going to breeze in just before last Christmas and turn it around within six months, that ain’t gonna happen.

“But thankfully we’re starting to have the makings of a very decent squad, so I’m very confident of where we sit at the minute and very confident we’ll make a fist of it.”

Bruce is obviously trying to play safe here as he knows it will be extremely difficult for him to lure Wilshere away from the Emirates as the player is apparently determined to fight for his place at the North London club.