BBC: Aubameyang & Lacazette to Get first Start in line-up v Southampton

Winter signing, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang moved to the wing when Alexandre Lacazette came on from the bench against Stoke City last weekend, but their threat ignited a sluggish performance as we ran out 3-0 winners.

Aubameyang ended with two goals and Lacazette scored too after his team-mate gave away the penalty to him during the weekend game.

The France International was thankful for that and explained why they can be effective together.

“Yes, because he is different player,” said Lacazette. “He loves the space and I’m a player who loves to get the ball to my feet.

“I think we can play together like on Sunday but the coach will decide and we need to respect the decision. But I like how Pierre plays and I think we can be good together.

“Auba is a nice guy and after the first penalty [against Stoke] he told me: ‘If there is another one I will give you the ball’. So it was nice from him.

“In life he is a great guy, he is really nice with everybody and it was good for my confidence.

“For the team it shows that even if we are strikers we can think about everyone in the team and we are not focused only to score goals [ourselves].”

Lacazette bagged a brace against the Russian side on Thursday and claims there are plenty where that is coming from now that his injury is behind him.

“I know I can do more but I need more time because it is really different to how it was with Lyon,” he said. “I was in Lyon for some years, but it is better and better every day.

“The surgery is in my past so now I can play 100 per cent and I am happy.”