Arsenal Officially Signs Arsene Wenger Replacement, Sky Sport Confirms

Sky Sports expert Paul Merson claims Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is the perfect replacement for Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

Wenger announced that he will finally end his 22-year stay at the Emirates by the end of the season, despite having another year to go on his contract.

The likes of former Gunners stars Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira have all been linked with the position, along with unemployed Carlo Ancelotti and Thomas Tuchel.

But Merson believes Rodgers, who came close to winning the 2013/14 Premier League title at Liverpool, is the right man to succeed Wenger.

“I’ve said it and I’ll keep on saying it, Brendan Rodgers ticks the box for me,” he said on Sky Sports.

“Liverpool nearly won the league. People will go ‘oh well they had (Luis) Suarez’.

“He got a tune out of Suarez.

“Suarez still had to play, he still had to get him to play the way he wanted to play and if Steven Gerrard doesn’t fall over they win the league and he’s a legend forever.

“For me he ticks the boxes, he’s managed a massive club in Liverpool, as big as Arsenal.

“He’s managing a club now where every game is a cup final and he’s expected to win where if you lose, it’s headlines.

“And he plays the right football, so for me I think he’s the one.”

The Celts manager is closing in on an unprecedented second successive treble at Celtic, where he took charge in the summer of 2016.