BBC “Its a Done Deal” Torreira’s Father announces move to Arsenal to Press in Russia

With Arsenal being linked Uruguay International Lucas Torreira a deal might just be finalised before the summer window closes. The Uruguayan has been one of the stars of the world cup in Russia. He was linked with a move to Napoli but it appears Arsenal have won the race for his signature.

The rumour has been on for some time now but judging by the statement credited to the player’s father, it appears the deal is near to completion. According to The Transfer Hound Lucas Torreira is the fourth most discuss football/soccer player on twitter right now when it comes to transfer rumours discussion. And that’s not a surprise, he is a quality player and his performance at the world cup so far has further increased his profile amongst the Arsenal faithfuls.

Torreira father, Ricardo Torreira, speaking to Uruguayan television channel Teledoce, insists that he and the player’s representatives will be doing all they can to help the 22-year-old settle.

“There will be people that will accompany him,” said Ricardo (interview translated via @ArsenicTM). “He won’t be alone. It’s a big change [going to England] and we don’t want to think about it yet because we’re scared.

“The truth is it’s tough to manage the language, adapt to the [London] society and customs and at the same time not lose ours. But there’s a whole program getting readied for Lucas.”

However, having seeing how Arsenal were hijacked for many deals, I will really like Arsenal to get this deal over the line as soon as possible in order to avoid been hijacked by those who are richer than us. There has already been murmurs of Chelsea being interested in the player which is quite dangerous.