BBC: Starting Torreira was a HUGE game player for Unai Emery

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang speaking to BT Sport: “I think we payed well in the firsthalf and in the beginning of the second as well. We have to improve and try to fight not to concede a goal like we did in the last minute.

“I didn’t play the Europa League last year with the guys so I am really happy to be back in this competition. We want to go to the final of course.

“I hope we can do well in the next few games. We know the Premier League is long. We have to win these games straight away and perform quickly. It is good to start with a win.”

Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck speaking to BT Sport: “It was a convincing win. It was difficult in the first half to impose our style of play but we had to be patient to try and implement things.

Fellow summer signings Bernd Leno and Stephan Lichtsteiner also start, as does Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Sokratis, Nacho Monreal and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Mesut Ozil has been named on the bench.

Arsenal fans have been busy reacting to the team news and it’s safe to say they are impressed by the strength of the starting XI that Emery has opted for.

Here’s a selection of what’s been said on social media.