Arsenal fans SLAM Unai Emery for what he said about Aaron Ramsey

Arsenal fans are less than pleased with what their manager Unai Emery said about the situation with Aaron Ramsey in conference today.

The Wales international contract at the club runs out next summer and an extension offer was withdrawn by Arsenal last month.

The North London club boss Emery was given a boost over the international break when Ramsey ruled out a cut-price move in January.

Was asked about any updates on the midfielder’s future at his press conference today, his responses didn’t go down well with fans.

“For me, January is very far,” he said.

“I’m thinking of the match against Leicester first and I want every player to have the right mentality and play together to win.

“My answer [to him leaving] is the same – my focus is on every single match.

“The future is tomorrow, not more.

“I want the right mentality for the Leicester match.”

Emery’s refusal to state whether Ramsey would remain at the club has since come under fire on Twitter.

“He never says anything that gives us anything,” one fan wrote.

“Get Aaron signed up should be the answer, he’s the longest-serving player, a double FA cup winner and should have the armband.

“Come on Aaron Ramsey speak up and get the thing signed!”

Another added: “Another pointless and not very helpful news.

“We want to know the ongoing situation.

“Ramsey fully deserved that upgraded-contract.”

A another Gunner fan said: “He said ultimately nothing.”