Confirmed lineups: Fulham vs Arsenal

Arsenal start the 2020-21 Premier League season with a London derby away to Fulham in under an hour’s time.

The Cottagers were promoted via the play-offs last month and have added quite a few new names to their squad during the transfer window too.

Having won the FA Cup and Community Shield as well as signing a number of defenders this season there’s optimism around the Emirates for a top four finish. With that said, we really want three points this lunchtime.

The two lineups have been confirmed as:

Arsenal

Bernd Leno; Rob Holding, Gabriel, Kieran Tierney; Hector Bellerin, Mohamed Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Ainsley Maitland-Niles; Willian, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Substitutes: Matt Macey, Sead Kolasinac, Dani Ceballos, Joe Willock, Nicolas Pepe, Bukayo Saka, Eddie Nketiah

Bernd Leno returns in goal with Emi Martinez not in the squad as he edges closer to leaving the club. Gabriel is handed a debut in central defence in what appears to be a back three alongside Rob Holding and Kieran Tierney.

Mikel Arteta also hands a debut to new signing Willian with Nicolas Pepe only named on the bench. The Brazilian will join Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in attack.

It looks as though Hector Bellerin and Ainsley Maitland-Miles will play down the flanks, with Mohamed Elneny supporting Granit Xhaka in the middle of the park. Dani Ceballos is among the substitutes having only just re-joined on loan from Real Madrid.

David Luiz misses out with a neck injury so it is a surprise not to see William Saliba at least named on the bench. Sead Kolasnic is the only out-and-out defender on the bench, though Bukayo Saka spent plenty of time at left-back after the restart last season. Hector Bellerin could also move back if required.

Fulham

Marek Rodak, Dennis Odoi, Michael Hector, Tim Ream, Joe Bryan; Harrison Reed, Tom Cairney, Neeskens Kebano, Josh Onomah, Ivan Cavaleiro; Aboubakar Kamara

Substitutes: Alphonse Areola, Cyrus Christie, Maxime Le Marchand, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, Anthony Knockaert, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Alexandar Mitrovic

A surprising lineup named by Scott Parker that makes me feel even more confident Arsenal will pick up three points today.

Marek Rodak remains in goal despite signing Alphonse Areola on loan from Paris Saint-Germain. Dennis Odoi and Tim Ream have both failed in the Premier League before but start in defence today. From what I’ve seen of Aboubakar Kamara I don’t expect their striker to come close to scoring today. Alexandar Mitrovic is among the substitutes.