giroud

4-2-3-1: Xhaka is back ! – Bellerin Out For 3 Weeks, Our best line-up vs Ludogorets

Our impressive form continued as we defeated Sunderland 4-1 in a league game on Saturday, something the latest Premier League lines saw coming anyway.. It was tense for a bit in the second half, but then our handsome French striker popped up with a quick brace, and everything was okay with the world once again.

Now, our attention turns towards Champions League as we travel to Bulgaria to take on Ludogorets on Saturday. We embarrassed them 6-0 in the return fixture, so they might have a point to prove against in front of their home fans. A win for us and PSG avoiding defeat sees us going through the next round something

Ludogorets were certainly no pushovers and gave a good account of themselves in the first half. So, we can’t really take this tie for granted and we will have to go for the kill in this game.

We are top of our group on goal difference ahead of Paris Saint-Germain, and I believe our home game against the French champions will eventually decide the group winners. However, before that, we need to make sure that we get another three points on Tuesday.

Arsene Wenger has avoided making too changes to his team in Champions League game so far, but since we have North London derby on Sunday, I can see him making a few in this game.

Here’s how I think our starting lineup will look like on Tuesday.

Wenger is likely to stick with David Ospina in goal and Cech as usual on the bench. The centre backs will likely remain Mustafi and Koscielny as Wenger is unlikely to want to rotate his team very much.

With Monreal and Bellerin missing this match, both Gibbs and Jenkinson will have a chance to play. The wing backs will likely be our weakest link against the Bulgarians. Jenkinson for one hasn’t played regularly for close to a year now due to injury and although Gibbs has done okay in the games he has played for us this season, he is still very much full of errors.

In midfielder Xhaka who just finished serving his three match ban in the league is back and is likely to be called upon alongside Coquelin. This is what we expect Wenger to do but won’t be surprised if he pairs Ramsey with Xhaka or Ramsey with Coquelin in the pivot.

Iwobi is likely to maintain his spot on the right side of midfield. While Chamberlain is likely to replace Walcott who is absent due to injury. Ozil off course will keep his place. Though I would rather Wenger rests Ozil and play Iwobi or Chamberlain in the 10 role and someone else in their own roles.

It will be interesting to see if Wenger is going to start Giroud straight away or continue to play Sanchez as the striker. If Perez have not been injured he probably would have been trusted to play against the Bulgarian to give Sanchez a chance to rest. Unfortunately he is going to miss the next two months due to a stupid and very needless tackle.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment