`
5 things we learned as Reds win at the Emirates on Sunday – Arsenal Banter

5 things we learned as Reds win at the Emirates on Sunday

Our Sunday match programme in the Premier League’s first competitive against Liverpool ended with a cracker of a game that played in our home very home, Emirates stadium.

We welcomed the Anfield giants in match that proved to be a highly eventful spectacle as Liverpool thrashed us 4-3 victory away from us.

Moreover, with seven goals on the score sheet we now look at the five key moments in the game.

Below are the five things we learnt from the match against Liverpool.

  • Liverpool deserve their big win

The game against the Anfield giants started so well for us with Theo Walcott opening the scoring at the half-hour for Arsenal.

After a slower first half Liverpool dominated the majority of the proceedings and despite conceding, three goals were always in control of the game. However, based on my opinion, the Reds deserved to win against apathetic Arsenal on Sunday.

Overall Liverpool deserved their win against apathetic Arsenal today as they left a couple of questions unanswered for Arsene Wenger who was booed away from the pitch after the final whistle.

  • Might Rob Holding be a Solution for Arsene Wenger’s Woes?

The 20-year-old England defender was signed this summer from Bolton, but was deemed of not enough quality to be considered a first-team potential by us as we’re looking forward to more prominent signings in the back line.

  • Arsenal Need More Firepower Upfront

Undeniably, England international Theo Walcott’s brilliant performance was the only thing worth mentioning from our poor displays in front of the Reds. Walcott won us a penalty, but failed to convert it to a goal but converted to an impressive save from Simon Mignolet.

He made amends to that immediately with the game’s opening goal however; the goal from Walcott was not enough to eradicate bitter feelings for us all after the game.

We missed Olivier Giroud badly with Alexis Sanchez showing a poor performance as well and I believe the manager will surely reconsider his firm stance on his team being in no need of big additions this transfer window following woeful showings upfront against the Reds.

  • Alberto Moreno a Huge Liability

Sunday’s game at the Emirates revealed big weaknesses for both teams and with seven goals on the score sheet, it is obvious that both sides’ defences are not at their top level just yet.

The Spaniard was one to blame for Walcott’s penalty, while his mistake only 69 seconds later led to Theo Walcott making up for his penalty miss as he gave Arsenal the lead.

Jurgen Klopp will surely consider adding more options to left back in the closing stages of the transfer window this August to increase pressure and competition for places as he attempts to get Liverpool back among the top four teams in the Premier League this season.

  • Coutinho is World Class

The 24-year-old Brazilian has definitely been the brightest spark for Liverpool at the Emirates.

Philippe Coutinho scored a brace to round off an impressive performance during which he once again proved that Reds’ fans should be lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy the world-class footballer in their ranks.