`
Ahead Of Ludogorets Clash, Jack Wilshere Hints On Why He Left Arsenal – Arsenal Banter

Ahead Of Ludogorets Clash, Jack Wilshere Hints On Why He Left Arsenal

JACK WILSHERE says being snubbed by England forced him into leaving Arsenal.

The midfield ace left the Gunners for a season-long loan at Bournemouth on transfer deadline day.

He made Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Euro 2016 despite barely playing the previous season for Arsenal after breaking his leg.

But Hodgson’s brief replacement Sam Allardyce left him out of his first squad as Three Lions boss.

And Wilshere says that was the boot up the backside he needed to get a change of scenery in his career.

“When the England squad was announced and I wasn’t in it, it hurt me,” Wilshere told Sky Sports.

“I want to be part of the England squad. I feel like I’m good enough, I can make a difference in the team and when I was left out, it sparked something in me.

“I thought ‘I need a change. I need to be part of a team where I’m going to play week in, week out, be an important member of the team and make a difference.’

“The player I am and the character I am, to get the best out of me I need to feel responsibility and be part of a team that needs me, so that’s the main reason I came – to play football and prove to everyone I can play week in, week out.

“My body can take it and at the moment, I’m feeling good and it looks like a good decision.”

Wilshere has played nine times for Bournemouth so far, making eight starts.

He’s next in action on Saturday when the Cherries host struggling Sunderland.