Almost Done? Arsenal Ready To Sign £35m POWERFUL CB

If rumours in the British media is anything to go by, former Arsenal record signing Mesut Ozil may be on his way out of the North London club this month ( January ). The world cup winner seems to have lost his place in the starting line up under Emery and has been the subject of various speculations in the last few weeks.

Emery is said not to be a fan of Ozil’s behaviour. The situation appears to have been made worst by reports that he is addicted to video game Fortnite and was caught ( reportedly ) inhaling nitrous oxide at a wild champagne and vodka nightclub party late last year. The rumours have led to various bookmakers shortening the odds of the German leaving Arsenal this month. Punters who are interested can check out this Paddy Power promo code website to take bets on Ozil’s likelihood to leave Arsenal and or next likely destination should he leave Arsenal this month or in the summer.

Ozil who Arsenal signed from Real Madrid for a then club record £42.5 million in 2013 has not played a single match for the Gunners since November 11. The initial suggestion was that he is struggling with a back injury problem but if you believe the new reports, it may well be that Emery has grown tired of the behaviour of the former Real Madrid and Werder Bremen star and wants him out of the club.

According to a report by the Sun newspaper ( their online version ), Arsenal are eyeing a move for Espanyol’s Mario Hermoso who reportedly has a release clause of £35 inserted into his contract. The report claims Arsenal want to sell Ozil in order to be able to purchase Mario Hermoso which is a surprising considering both players do not play in the same position.

Could however be that Arsenal want to get rid of Ozil in order to free up space on the wage bill as the Gunners’ wage bill is said to be too big already which didn’t give the club the chance to make the right signings in the summer – whether that’s true is debatable.

Arsenal currently have Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Laurent Koscielny, Shkodran Mustafi and Konstantinos Mavropanos at their disposal but none of them have been good enough as the Gunners have been conceding cheap goals yet again this season.

The centre back situation needs to be addressed this month to give Arsenal the chance of nicking a place in the top 4 but selling Ozil and not replacing him with a similar player will only further weaken the team.

I personally don’t mind Ozil leaving but truth is we lack creativity in the centre of the pack. We have struggled to create chances the way we used to in recent times. And if Ozil is leaving, I would expect an attacking midfielder to be brought in especially if Ramsey is also leaving.

Aside an attacking midfielder, we also need to invest money in a defender or two. Two ideally but knowing Stan Kroenke, we may have to yet again make do rather than going all out to buy what we push us onto finishing among the top 4 that will guarantee a Champions league qualification.

We have recently been linked with the signing of Denis Suarez from Barca. His signing would go a long way. He is a versatile player, someone who will not be an upgrade on Ozil ( when Ozil is on form ) but will offer us much more than Ozil does – Ozil is inconsistent even though he is very good.