Arsenal And Dortmund Set To Battle Battle For High Rated Goal Scorer

michy-batshuayi

Arsenal are set to battle it out with German giants Borussia Dortmund in the race for Belgian hotshot youngster Batshuayi. The 20 year old has been one of the most impressive performers in the Belgian Pro League having already notched 14 goals this season.

Arsenal have already sent scouts to watch him in action, with their interest already confirmed by the Belgian club’s president Roland Duchatelet.

“What is new is the interest of Arsenal, although Arsenal are just one of many clubs who are chasing our striker Michy,” he said.

Batshuayi has now fuelled the rumour of an imminent exit by declaring he was ready to make the next big move as soon as possible with him expressing preference for the Premier League and the Bundesliga. In both leagues, two clubs caught his attention; Arsenal and Dortmund.

“I don’t think I think will be playing in Belgium next season”

“I don’t think I think will be playing in Belgium next season.

“My parents, especially my dad, think I’m ready for the next step.

“This summer there was some interest, but I decided I didn’t want to leave Standard without leaving a trace – being champion or being top scorer.

“I’ve two dreams clubs in Europe – Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund.

“Borussia because of their mix between quality and spirit, Arsenal because they give opportunities to young and talented players.” Quotes via dailymail.co.uk.

From what he said, it seems it is a straight sprint between Arsenal and Dortmund. Where he would end is determined by how soon he wants to be playing regular first team football. He has said it all Wenger gives young talented players opportunities to prove their mettle. Hence, if he wants to break into the first early enough, Arsenal are the place to be.

It would be good to add a decent youngster to the squad next season since it is likely the Gunners would be letting go of a failed youngster in Nicklas Bendtner. If our Dane talented failed, let’s go Belgian.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment