Arsenal boss will not bow to Walcott’s wage demands!

Theo Walcott will not be given a chance to play a full game with the Gunners this season unless the 23 year old extends his contract. The England winger has featured for just 16 minutes in the last three matches and Wenger will continue the shut out until the saga has resolved itself.

Walcott will start on the bench once more against Man City tomorrow as Wenger continues to freeze out the player. It has been widely reported that the winger is unhappy with his £75k per week wage offer at Arsenal and it’s believed Walcott is holding out for more money, using Man City’s offer, a reported 140k per week, as leverage against the club.

Arsene Wenger gave the biggest hint yet he was ready to ship out Walcott when asked if the contract dispute was the reason he was currently snubbing the ex-Southampton star.

“I haven’t picked him, it’s true and it’s quite a good question. I still hope to sign him and the next two months will be vital because after that, the longer this situation lasts the more difficult it is.’

“Let’s hope we can find a solution in the next two months.”

In the mean time, Le Prof won’t have a shortage of wingers with ‘The Ox’ being Walcott’s direct replacement. Wenger also has the likes of Podolski and Gervinho to call upon to play in the wide position.

Wenger, however, has not denied Walcott’s wage problems and has admitted that the player could leave in January.

“It will depend on the needs of the team and the club. We can afford to go to the end (of the contract) if needed,”
Wenger said.

Whilst that is probably true, I don’t see Wenger waiting until Walcott’s contract expires before the player leaves. It is becoming increasingly likely that Walcott will leave the Emirates in January with City and Juventus emerging as the most likely targets.

5 thoughts on “Arsenal boss will not bow to Walcott’s wage demands!

  • September 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

    Are you deliberately trying to mislead everyone by not giving all of Wengers quote? I will assist you, the rest of the quote is as follows…
    “The fact he doesn’t play regularly at the moment is right, but it’s not necessarily linked with his contract situation. No player is happy when he doesn’t play.
    Now we have a completely different slant on the situation from the one you manufactured. He is not ‘snubbing’ Walcott as you state, he simply prefers other options, and given the results is right. Kindly report all the facts not just the ones that fit in with your personal agenda.

    admin
    you are entitled to your opinion Mick. As am I

    • September 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

      So why didn’t you provide the complete quote?

      admin
      I don’t think it makes any difference. Managers rarely admit they have fallen out with a player eg Mancini and Balotelli Mourinho and Ramos
      The fact that he didn’t deny a problem says more to me he says not necessarily

      • September 22, 2012 at 1:31 pm

        Of course it makes a difference. By giving the whole quote it allows us to draw our own conclusions and form our own opinions based on the full facts, not just those bits which you think we should have. Furthermore who says they have fallen out. You are making assumptions again. Why can you not stick to facts.

        admin
        the reporter asked him a direct question whether the contract dispute was why he hadn’t picked him. I didn’t make it up. Wenger just sais it was a good qyestion he didn’t deny it
        If there was just facts and no opinions the world would be a boring place

        • September 22, 2012 at 4:58 pm

          Of course, it would be a boring place, but we need all the facts to form an opinion, surely you can concede that. I did not accuse you of making it up, just not quoting all he said.

          admin
          fair enough but i often try to pick the most relevant bits from interviews. I wasn’t trying to mislead that was just how I read it. I bet now he starts tomorrow lol and I will be proved wrong

          • September 22, 2012 at 5:13 pm

            Yes that would be funny. We will call it a truce then, have a good evening and lets hope we are in a happy mood tomorrow at about 7 PM.

            admin
            we can definitely agree on that