Arsenal can cement top four tonight says Sagna

The confidence is really flowing through the Arsenal players at the minutes. Five wins in a row, with four of them in the Premier League, have put Arsenal into third place. A win at the Emirates against Everton tonight would be a fantastic result and would leave us four points ahead of Chelsea and Tottenham. It will also effectively end the Toffees’ chances of catching us.

Although Chelsea and Spurs would have two and one games in hand respectively, all the pressure would be on them. Arsenal, meanwhile, would have put one of the toughest fixtures behind them. Bacary Sagna knows how important the game is, but his confidence is a good sign that our recent run will continue.

“We have to start well. We have to keep playing as we are at the moment, to keep looking forward and play the Arsenal way,” said Sagna.

“It will be a massive step forward, because we would play our last games with more confidence and in a good position. We know we have to win.

“We know we can put them away if we win against them and give ourselves a bit more breathing room.”

To be honest, even a draw would not be too bad a result. Chelsea and the spuds have still got some hard games to go, including against each other. They have both got injury problems to some key players as well, so a point would not be the end of the world. A win, though, would put us with one foot in next season’s Champions League.

Come on Arsenal.

One thought on “Arsenal can cement top four tonight says Sagna

  • April 16, 2013 at 7:08 pm

    A win will good for the guys and mentan the toP four spot in england