Arsenal injury concern ahead of Sunderland clash on Tuesday

Arsenal’s hope of having a top four finish this season has taken another huge blow.

This means Arsenal fans would have to acclimate  themselves to watching their team play on Thursday nights and then on Sunday next season, as the Europa League looks more likely for Arsenal.

Arsenal defeated stoke 4-1 away on Saturday, however the Gunners were helpless as they watch Liverpool establish themselves firmly in the top four with a 4-0 defeat of West Ham.

Arsenal, before the end of the season, has two remaining fixture against Sunderland and Everton, Liverpool faces Boro at Anfield on the final day of the season, while Manchester City face off with West Brom and Watford in their last games.

A known fact is that Arsenal have to strive hard to defeat Sunderland on Tuesday night if they hope to land a Champions League spot.

While beating the Black Cats ordinarily looks easy a feat for Arsenal, the match looks highly unlikely to end in the Gunners favor as three of their key players are a doubt for the game.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been confirmed to be unfit to participate in the game, although the midfielder seems to be recuperating well enough to be able to play in the FA Cup final against Chelsea.

“Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out. The earliest chance he has is to be available for the Cup final,” said Wenger on Monday.

“I would say it’s 80:20 [percent that he does play against Chelsea.

Laurent Koscielny and Alexis Sanchez, on the other hand, have doubt hanging over their head for the Sunderland game.

“We have a little problem with Koscielny from Stoke. We’ll see how he has recovered today,” Wenger further said

“Everybody else should be available. I left Gibbs behind on Saturday but he is available again. Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out.

“Alexis Sanchez will have a test today. Yesterday it didn’t look too good, but with him you never know.

“He’s so keen. Maybe it was just a kick. It could be a possibility that he recovers for tomorrow.

“Koscielny has a little recurrence of his calf problem which kept him out against Southampton. Alexis has a kick on his thigh.”

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment