Arsenal out to 16/1 to win the Premier League (but odds-on for Fourth Place!)

It seems that the sale of Robin Van Persie and Alex Song has convinced Arsenal punters that the Gunners cannot now win the Premier Title this season, and according to Fred Done, the owner of the bookies Betfred, Arsenal are the longest price for years to finally break their duck.

Last year Betfred paid out on Man United winning the title before their remarkable collapse at the end of the season, but Fred is now convinced that the Premiership will be between the Manchester clubs once again.

“I’ve had a lot of stick this summer from both halves of Manchester with The Reds saying I jinxed it, and the blue half of Manchester saying I was arrogant. However I would pay out early now on the title staying in Manchester. I’m just not sure who will be crowned champions with the head saying City and the heart saying United.”

Man City are 5/4 with paddy power to keep the title at The Etihad Stadium, with United second faves at 2/1 since buying Van Persie, and Fred can’t see past these two this time around either.

“Chelsea have strengthened well but I can’t see them doing it, Arsenal are absolutely friendless and I have never known them to be so big for the Premier League at 16/1, and as for Liverpool although one punter has had GBP10,000 each way at 33/1. That money will once again be paying for my holidays.”

With Man City, United and Chelsea all very short prices to be in the Top Four, Arsenal are again odds on to fill the coveted Fourth place, with Tottenham and Liverpool vying to overtake them. Newcastle are surprisingly as high as 12/1 to make the Top Four despite disposing of rivals Tottenham this weekend.

One thought on “Arsenal out to 16/1 to win the Premier League (but odds-on for Fourth Place!)