`
Arsenal scouts goalkeeper Jordan Pickford – Arsenal Banter

Arsenal scouts goalkeeper Jordan Pickford

According to the Sunderland Echo,  Arsenal have taken their pursuit of Keeper Jordan Pickford to the next level.

The 23-year old has been a highlight in a rather gloomy season for Sunderland, and Gunners are struggling in their goalkeeping department.

Petr Cech has been inconsistent, David Ospina could be leaving the club in search of first team play and there have been reports that Wojciech Szczesny is hoping for a permanent deal with Roma after his second season on loan at the Serie A club.

Sunderland are likely to lose the relegation battle and Pickford has been linked with several top clubs this season.

Both Cech and Ospina are out with injury and are set to miss Monday night’s fixture with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, providing Argentine Emi Martinez with the opportunity to once again prove himself.

Arsene Wenger spoke of the 24-year old during the press conference on Friday, saying,  “He looked composed, calm, and I know personally that he has the quality because I see him every day.

“I was not surprised by the quality of his game.”