Arsenal Set For Summer Spending Spree As Gazidis Drops Hint

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has dropped hint over a summer spending spree.

Gazidis who has on several occasions reiterated the club’s commitment towards competing with top European teams, gave the hint after Arsenal’s FA Cup victory over Hull City last Saturday. The victory last Saturday marked an end to a nine year search for trophy for the club, and could be a catalyst in motivating the team towards further success. Success for Arsenal can only be made easier with new additions to the team, and that is what Gazidis is driving at.

Arsenal secured the signing of Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day, and his arrival really lifted the mood in the dressing room, and boosted the club in several other areas. The Arsenal chief executive believes the club was unlucky not to have won two trophies this season, and went ahead to explain on Arsenal.com that the Gunners were not far off from claiming the Premier League title.

Gazidis further explained what the club intend to do to ensure that Arsenal become stronger as we approach the summer:

“You come out and think we were seven points away from winning the double and that gives you encouragement to move forward and make the improvements we have to make.

“We know we’re still a work in progress but this is a big step, a big platform and we can build on this, and we will.”

Arsenal’s victory last Saturday at Wembley is sure to strengthen the resolve of the club to deep into the transfer market. Plans are already in place to bring in some key players to make the Gunners more competitive next season, and one won’t be surprised to see the boss signing a minimum of two to three quality players in the next two months.

Arsenal could lose Bacary Sagna and Lukasz Fabianski on the free next month, and this could increase the number of players Wenger needs to sign to five.

On the whole, it is a busy summer for both Wenger and Gazidis, and I guess we may just have to fold our arms and watch as things unfold in the next two months.

POPULAR STORIES

4 comments

  1. Arsenal need a hitman mandzuk or bony or eto’o or sagna rapla aurier and arteta repal martinez or song back to the team diego or barry or lopes orpastore winder menez is free playe or sanchez or remy or pedro or vela to the team.

Add a Comment