Arsenal shareholder says Wenger should decide who would take over from him

Arsenal’s second highest shareholder, Alisher Usmanov believes should take charge of the search for his successor at Arsenal as he is the one who can know the best person for the Gunners

“Some continuity is needed,” Usmanov told Bloomberg. “This includes the need to prepare a successor for Wenger, but in a very respectful way. I can suggest that Wenger himself can prepare a successor.”

He then added, “I personally, unfortunately, am fully isolated from decision making in the club.

“All the responsibility for the fate of the club rests with the main shareholder.”

The Uzbek-born Russian business tycoon  suggest that majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, should take full charge when it comes time to decide the future of Arsenaln Football Club, also saying, “I do not think that the coach alone is to be blamed for what is happening.”

Usmanov has always an admirer of Wenger, describing the Frenchman as ‘a gift’ back in 2015. However it still uncertain if Wenger will stay beyond this season at the Emirates. Although it is a possibility, nothing has been decided.