Arsenal Still Odds On To Continue Trophy Drought

Arsenal fans are feeling optimistic for a change, expecting to keep our best players and add some quality signings to the squad. Arsene Wenger is looking for top quality players to bring in, while Ivan Gazidis is loudly proclaiming to anyone who will listen that the club is ready and willing to spend, spend, spend.

All this may have got the fans dreaming about trophies, but the bookies are less than convinced. It seems that if you are betting online, you can still get very good odds on Arsenal winning anything next season, especially the Premier League title, which we are as high as 14 to 1 to win.

In fact, they still appear to think that the Gunners eight year trophy drought will continue, with the odds of Arsenal winning nothing but the “Wenger cup” ( the 4th place trophy ) again as low as 1 to 3 on. Wenger and his Gunners are still favourites to beat Tottenham into the top four of the league, but that will not be enough for Arsenal fans anymore. We want and need a trophy, and if it doesn’t come this season, the angry scenes that were seen at the Emirates last season will become a lot more prevalent and heated as well.

Arsenal may have finished last season well, with a 10 game unbeaten run that put us top of the form charts, but it is widely accepted that we need to sign at least three good players in order to really compete with the Manchester clubs, City and United and Chelsea with Jose Mourinho at the helm. At the minute, all the talk is of a striker, with Gonzalo Higuain, Stevan Jovetic and Christian Benteke the three players most linked with a transfer this summer.

The news from the bookies is not good there either, with Juventus favoured to beat us to Jovetic and Higuain. The Real Madrid striker is actually odds on to sign for the Italian champions. Even Benteke, who clearly wants to join Arsenal, is only at around 4/1 to become a Gunner this summer. Let’s just hope that the bookmakers are wrong for a change.

POPULAR STORIES

One comment

  1. I’m surprised that you dont know much about Arsenal.
    Most of pundits are Man utd supporters or Liverpool
    so noone predict Arsenal not even when we won it 2002 or 2004. All the bilge you read in papers are conjured by Man utd supporting journos. In fact one said something of an insult when we talked abt Van Persie. He said: ” Gunners should stop their noises abt VP coz he has played less in 6 six years than Rooney has done in 3 years at Mnure.

    Currently though, he has run out of superlatives
    to describe Van Persie and it appears Wenger had no input in making him the player he is today.

Add a Comment