`
Arsenal team news ahead of Southampton clash – Arsenal Banter

Arsenal team news ahead of Southampton clash

Arsene Wenger held a press conference ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Southampton on Wednesday night.

Granit Xhaka again limped off the pitch after sustaining an injury to his ankle in the clash against Manchester United. Asked about his team news, Wenger said, “We have a real check up today,”  before stating that it is Laurent Koscielny’s appearance that is uncertain for the game on Wednesday rather than Xhaka. The defender will be tested today (Tuesday) for fitness.

“We have some risk for Koscielny, he might not be available,” Wenger stated.

“Xhaka is similar but he looks to have recovered well and the news for him is better but he will have a test as well today.”

About the rumour that Danny Welbeck is out with an injury, Wenger disputes saying: “No, he is ok”.