`
Arsenal’s £100,000-RATED Confirms Wenger Wants Him as Arsenal No. 10 – Arsenal Banter

Arsenal’s £100,000-RATED Confirms Wenger Wants Him as Arsenal No. 10

Arsenal academy star Vlad Dragomir has revealed that the Gunners is nourishing him for the future role as a number 10 in the senior side in an interview, according to the Mirror.

He was signed to Arsenal from ACS Poli Timisoara in 2015, the Romanian international is one of the most-promising stars coming through the Gunners youth setup. Arsenal reportedly paid a meager fee of £100,000 to secure the services of  the Romanian.

Looking at the Romanian traits, he is a left-footed midfielder who plays with the team, plays in the more conventional central midfield role for Arsenal. Moreover, due to the Romanian style and long passing range, he has been likened to the likes of Toni Kross in the past.

Having arrived at the Emirates Stadium more than a year, the gifted footballer has cemented his place at the Emirates, both with the Gunners youth setup as well as in training with the north London club.

In an event, which epitomizes the faith of Arsène Wenger in the young Romanian, Arsenal tied Dragomir down to his first professional contract, just eight months after signing him up.

In an event, which shows his progress with the Gunners, the Romanian has trained alongside the likes of the North London senior squad on several occasions already this season.

However, as evident from his aforementioned comments, Arsenal want to make him as a number 10 midfielder. Consequently, the Romanian might need to tinker with his game style to meet the demands of his manager at the Arsenal youth set up.

The player said:

“Another issue I had to cope with was that I was asked to play a different role for Arsenal, which took me some time to adapt to.

“I used to play as a central midfield pair in a 4-4-2 system and I still do for Romania. But here, I was given the role of a number 10. It’s a hard job and there are many aspects to it.”

Thus, while his talent might know no bounds, the young Romanian might have to readjust his game style if he wants to see himself lining up in the Arsenal senior team in the future.