Arsenal’s Jenkinson starts to feel at home in the Premier league

Carl Jenkinson has grabbed the opportunity offered to him by the absence of Bacary Sagna from the Arsenal team. The France international right back will soon be available for selection again after his second leg break in a year but he will be aware that his place on the pitch is not as secure as it used to be.

Jenkinson has improved his play in both defending and getting forwards to support the attack. His crosses have been good and he has played an important part in Arsenal’s impressive start to the season. The 21-year old, who is a lifelong Gooner, is feeling more comfortable with every game.

“The more I play, I feel more than comfortable at this level now.

“I just want to push on from here, keep building every game and get better and better. That’s my aim and I just take it game by game.

“The way we play as a club, you’ve got to get forward as a full back. I think, in the modern game, it’s a big part of a full back’s job.

“I try to do that as much as I can, and Gibbo’s been doing it really well so we’ve got to keep that as a big part of our game.”

Arsenal’s back four have responded brilliantly under the influence of Steve Bould and they will face another stern examination this weekend when Chelsea come to the Emirates. With Ashley Cole and Eden Hazard attacking down our right flank, Jenkinson will need to focus as much on his defensive duties as going forward but if he plays like he has been doing I feel he will pass the test with flying colours.

One thought on “Arsenal’s Jenkinson starts to feel at home in the Premier league

  • September 25, 2012 at 4:50 pm

    Keep it up boy!