`
Arsene Wenger speaks out on re-signing Attacker-Medicals this week – Arsenal Banter

Arsene Wenger speaks out on re-signing Attacker-Medicals this week

Arsene Wenger has refuted all claims that he’s hoping to re-sign Serge Gnabry from Werder Bremen.

Serge Gnarbry had wanted to renew his contract with Arsenal, but left when first-team opportunities were not forthcoming. He recently said he still nurtures the hope of returning to the Emirates in the future.

In November 2016, the German received his first call-up to German senior team and he scored a hat-trick on his debut in a 2018 World Cup qualifier against San Marino in an 8-0 away win.

Arsenal have been linked with news of re-signing the 21-year-old but it seems Wenger is not interested in Gnabry just yet.

“We’ve sold Gnabry definitely to Bremen,” Wenger said.

“At the time, it looked like Bayern were behind it but at the moment we’re not resigning him.”

Breman intends to hold a meeting with the midfielder to convince him to commit his future to the Bundesliga club.

“We will sit down with Serge Gnabry any time soon and talk about the future,” Bremen sporting executive Frank Baumann said.

“It’s important for us that we most of all convince him with sporting arguments.”