`
Arsene Wenger vote – Van Persie – and Arsenal are still fourth – Arsenal Banter

Arsene Wenger vote – Van Persie – and Arsenal are still fourth

Morning all, there’s not much that I really have to say but there are a few bitty things that I would like to briefly mention.

The first is a brief mentioning of the Wenger situation. I’m not going to enter a full blown discussion now but I would like to comment on one aspect of it. There is an illusion among fans that ‘a growing majority’ of fans want Wenger to leave Arsenal. This is untrue. In a recent survey on MSN Sport, over 4000 fans voted whether he should stay or go, and near enough 73% said that he should stay. The sample size is large enough to assume that this represents the general consensus of the fan bases so I conclude that MOST FANS BELIEVE THAT WENGER SHOULD STAY. Point.

Secondly, I would like to address the Van Persie contract situation. I think that we should all hold our horses for the moment and see what occurs as, at the moment, we have little or no information on the state of the talks. We do know that talks have begun, but that could mean anything from a genuine desire from RVP to stay, to RVP just running through the formalities and making absolutely sure that his decision to leave is the right one. As I say, there is not much information to go on so speculating on the outcome is not much use.

And, finally, I am amazed with the number of fans who post comments such as ‘let’s be realistic, we are going to finish 7th’. I fully accept the possibility that we could balls it up and finish behind our competitors, but to say that it is likelihood? Need I remind you that we actually sit in 4th; how do you think we got there, fluke? In fact, if anything, it has been the opposite. Our ascendency into fourth has actually occurred with luck against us!

However, I do admit that there is a good chance that our slip could be started against a strong Tottenham team on Sunday, so I’m going sign off now and hope that my words don’t come back and bite me in the arse…

3 thoughts on “Arsene Wenger vote – Van Persie – and Arsenal are still fourth

  • February 25, 2012 at 5:53 am

    I strongly disagree with ur statistic on wenger. i suggest dat opinion poll shd b on arsenal website or blog and that wil give a true picture of fans position which i believe dat wenger shd be kick out. my reason is he has been deceiving us (fans) and even d players.

  • February 25, 2012 at 6:16 am

    From what I read Wenger has called for `character` before the local derby and so he should. Much of that `character` needs to be evident in the coach himself and his ability to select a side with flair and creativity not a conservative take no risks side. We`ll see come Sunday.

  • February 25, 2012 at 7:13 am

    Good morning gunners. At the moment i dont find any problem with wenger. Why? the team itsself is not stable of which we can start bleming any one. It has so many injuries nealy every after a match we must have one or two players sustaining an injuery.

    The only solution is for wenger to inforce the board so that more money can be realised for buying players so that we can have ywo or three players compting on one number.

    RVP should think and research more on how frequent he is playing at arsenal and how these other players who left arsenal sometimes back they are lucking to play in thir current clubs. Let him think twice before he make any decision of signing or not.We love him and he is a good player but we can not force his decision.