2015 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HOTELS, BERLIN June 6th - CLICK HERE for HOTELS PACKAGES>
Sep 222011

QPR midfielder Joey Barton regrets the fight with Gervinho and the way he handled the situation after missing a possible transfer to Arsenal and signing with QPR instead.

In the first game of the season, when Barton was still at Newcastle, the player got into a fight with Gunner Gervinho after the Ivorian supposedly simulated a fault in the penalty area. Barton immediately went to pick the player up aggressively, and that’s when the fight began. After that incident Gervinho got a red card and Arsenal’s bad spell started.

“If I hadn’t played against Arsenal on the first day, I may have signed for them.”, sais Joey in regret.

“There were a couple of conversations [with Wenger] but that’s different to actually signing.

“The Gervinho incident happened and there’s nothing I can do about it now. If it happened again, I’d like to think I’d deal with it differently.

“Things happen for a reason and there’s a lesson to be learned from it.

“Right now, we sit above Arsenal in the table – hopefully that’s the case in May.”

“There were a couple of offers on the table but now I’m really happy to be at QPR and in London,” he said.

“We play an expansive and exciting brand of football and can hopefully surprise a few people this season.”

Arsene Wenger lost interest in the player after that incident, and if you ask me Barton is right: “things happen for a reason”. Thank God that happened and Wenger woke up and gave up on the idea to sign Barton. Arsenal might need midfield reinforcements, but it sure doesn’t need a player who knows better how to throw a punch than how to hit a ball, and a player who finds a reason to start a riot in everything.

I say that was an avoided disaster and Wenger should be very happy things happened that way. What do you guys think?

  1. yes it was an unfortunate episode…..barton was way over the top with that reaction. If barton could have been more responsible on the pitch, we may have signed a really good player. Dont blame wenger for losing interest….since that game barton seems to have got even worse.He is a loony and no manager is going to be able to tame that wild animal.Shame, like i say he is a very good combative midfielder…something we could do with.

  2. Why on earth do people continue to take this guy seriously?
    Look yes he’s a good player, but he’s disruptive in the dressing room to the poi9nt of having physical fights with his own team mates, has shown time and time again on the pitch that he’s a child 0 impulse control.
    Children are better seen and not heard!

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)