BBC Deal Agreed: Arsenal Announces the Signing of Lucas

Granit Xhaka is a good player but in my opinion he was mismanaged under Arsene Wenger. The Switzerland international was highly rated before he joined Arsenal. A player who was targeted by Bayern Munich but chose us ahead of the Bavarians has all of a sudden become a shadow of himself. I have a small bet on Switzerland to do well at the world cup via this Bet world cup site and that’s due largely to the fact that I believe with the likes of Shaqiri and Xhaka they have a solid but very underrated team.

This in my opinion is due largely to poor coaching from Wenger. In fact many of our players performed below par under Wenger due to poor tactics and poor coaching. AKBS are unlikely to agree to this but it is a fact that anyone who is not biased will agree to.

The signing of a solid real time defensive midfielder could help unlock the talents of Xhaka finally and it appears Arsenal are working to find someone whose main duty/concern is to be a defensive and not offensive midfielder.

Hence it is not a surprise we have been linked with Nice of France midfielder Seri, Lucas Torreira, Nzonzi and others. However, it appears there is some truth in the links to Lucas Torreira. According to various reports, mainly from the Italian media, Arsenal are edging very close to the signing of the South American. Although it is mainly the Italian media that have been talking about Arsenal‘s interest in Torreira, the British media are also starting to report it which gives it a little more credibility.

Lucas Torreira, 22, has a release clause which when converted to the British pounds amounts to £22 million which makes it even better for Arsenal. The Gunners apparently do not have a big warchest for this summer’s transfer window but should not have a problem paying £22 million for a quality player like Torreira who is still just 22 and has his best years ahead of him.

Napoli were initially said to be interested in the signing of the Uruguayan but the player’s wage demands is said to have put off the Carlo Ancelotti tutored side. German Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund are also said to be in the running for the player but fortunately for Arsenal the player is said to prefer playing in England than playing in Germany.

From all indication, Arsenal have a good chance of getting the player if they are truly interested in him. However, they need to hurry up and complete the signing as soon as possible. As if the world cup starts and Torreira manages to do well in Uruguay’s first match he may get offers from other clubs who can pay more than Arsenal can play.