BBC – Photos!!! Arsenal Officially Announces the signing of Juventus midfielder

Bosnian International and Juventus star Miralem Pjanic has revealed that he rejected the opportunity to join London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham before eventually signing for the Italian champions.

The Bosnian International takes on one of his former suitors, Spurs, in the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday evening, with the first leg being played at the Allianz Stadium.

However, in different circumstances he could have been playing against Juventus, with Spurs having tried to sign him while he was still at Roma as a replacement for Luka Modric.

The Former Roma player said, when asked the clubs that was interested in him: ‘You want to know the names? They were Arsenal and Tottenham.’

On Spurs’ approach, The 27-year-old continued: ‘There was the opportunity but at that moment I told them I was happy where I was and that’s why we didn’t sign the deal. ‘But I made my choice using my head and if I made that choice not to go to an English team it was for good reasons.’