BBC + Photos – Arsenal star completes €25m move to La Liga

Barcelona have completed the signing of Arsenal teenage midfielder Marcus McGuane for an undisclosed fee, as confirmed on the Spanish club’s official website.

The 18-year-old has been at the North London club for 12 years now and has made two senior appearances this season – against BATE and Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League.

The England youth international reportedly now have a release clause of €25m in his contract at the Camp Nou and will be integrated into the club’s B team in Spain’s second division.

“Thank you and best wishes to the club I’ve been with since the age of six,” McGuane wrote on his Twitter account.

“Had the most amazing memories with them. I thank all the staff and players for making my time at Arsenal enjoyable.

“It’s sad to be leaving but arsenal will always mean a lot to me! Once a red, always a red!”