BBC Photos: Sven Mislintat Finally Lands Former Dortmund player

The France international, Ousmane Dembele only moved to Barcelona last summer in a stunning £96.8 million move from Borussia Dortmund, but he has struggled so far to make an impact at the Camp Nou following a campaign which has been littered with injury issues – although he did score against Chelsea in the Champions League.

There are rumours that Arsenal could be keeping tabs on his situation, with new head of recruitment Sven Mislintat the man that took him to Dortmund in the first place.

Since arriving at Arsenal at the end of last year, Mislintat has brought in Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

French forward, Dembele made some comments about his relationship with Aubameyang, and the Gunners fans are hoping Mislintat could make Dembele the third sining since his arrival last year.

“Honestly, I had a beautiful relationship with Auba,” said Dembele. “Too bad it only lasted a year. For me, a guy coming from Évreux, meeting Aubameyang meant a lot.

“I was pretty good with him. It’s easy to play with a guy like that, he goes fast, he is always well placed.”

Those comments got Arsenal fans excited on social media and the hype only increased when Aubameyang retweeted them to all of his followers.