BBC Pictures of Santi Cazorla FINALLY Training With the Team & Aubameyang

Arsenal Star Santi Cazorla has been in the treatment room after suffering multiple complications with the ankle injury he picked up during a Champions League game two years ago.

The Spain international has underwent 10 operations in the bid to return to fitness.

However, in a boost for Arsenal fans, Cazorla has revealed he’s hoping to return to the pitch sooner than expected.

“Hi guys, the first thing I want to say is thank you for the support, and I will try and come back as soon as possible. Enjoy the game”

Cazorla has previously spoken of his injury nightmare during an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca last year.

“If you get to walk again with your son in the garden, be satisfied, they told me,” he said.

“He [Dr Mikel Sanchez] saw that I had a tremendous infection, that I had damaged part of the calcaneus bone and it had eaten the achilles tendon.

“There was eight centimetres of it missing!”