Karim Benzema

Benzema To Become A Gunner, Madrid Want Aubameyang As Replacement

Arsenal from all indication will certainly be signing a striker this summer. We have been linked with Alvaro Morata constantly by both the Italian, the British and the Spanish press in the last few weeks but if new reports are anything to go by, Arsenal may be set to sign one of their more long term targets Karim Benzema. Various Online Sportsbetting sites have shorten their odds on the former Lyon star signing for Arsenal thiis summer and it could well be that the bookmakers know something that we do not know.

According to the reports, Arsenal and Real Madrid have been in talks for weeks for the Frenchman and Wenger has obtained an understanding that should Madrid be able to get their own targets, they will allow us sign Benzema. And last week, Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa was quoted as saying; “Aubameyang asked me not to be selected because he is in the process of changing clubs.”

It has since been reported that the club that has struck an agreement to sign Aubameyang is in fact Real Madrid and this is despite reports that Los Blancos have made a big money offer for Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski.

Why should Madrid be interested in both Lewandowski and Aubameyang if they are not ready to sell Karim Benzema? And if you look at the odds of Benzema joining Arsenal via the major bookmakers such as Paddy power, bet365 and co, the odds of the Frenchman becoming a Gunner before the end of the summer transfer window has significantly be shortened in the last two weeks.

If we sign Benzema, he could be a great signing for us. His style of play will so suit the Premier League. And although he is already 28-year-old, he still has at least four years in him and according to reports, he is available for circa 30 million which is very cheap considering the prices other players who are not even better than Benzema are going for.

People who are against the signing of Benzema will argue that he still have a pending court case but I am sure Arsenal are not dumb, they must have done their investigation and believe the court case will be decided in favour of the Frenchman before considering moving for him.

Recall that Robin Van Persie also had a pending court case in the Netherlands, a rape case, before we signed him. He ended up winning the case and I would not be surprised if Arsenal know something we do not know about the Benzema sex scandal case.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment