Biglia or M’Vila for Arsenal?

Arsene Wenger has admitted that he “might” bring in  a new signing or two after selling two of Arsenal’s best players from last season in under a week. The smart money is on a direct replacement for Alex Song, a defensive midfielder. The Turkish international Nuri Sahin is very likely to come to Arsenal for the season on loan, but I still expect Wenger to sign somebody to replace Song permanently.

The choices seem to have been narrowed down to Lucas Biglia of Anderlecht in Belgium or Yann M’Vila from Rennes in France. Both players have told their clubs they are ready to move on, both have been tracked intensively by Arsenal and both have stated their desire to play in the Premier league. So which is it to be?

25-year old Argentinean Biglia has made 241 league appearances for Anderlecht since 2006. He has helped them to win five cups and three league titles, including the last two. Biglia is definitely ready to move his career forward.

“I want to play in a big league, and my new club must be in the Europa league at least.

I want to play in the spotlight of the Argentina national team coach. The national team is my dream.”

The problem that Biglia has is that he plays the same position as Javier Mascherano and, while at Anderlecht, he will not be able to oust him.

At 22-years old, the French international M’Vila is younger than Biglia but obviously has less experience. He has, however, forced his way in to the national side already. Last week he told reporters that there was a concrete offer for him from an English club. Many thought it was Tottenham, as Arsenal were thought to have cooled their interest, but Tottenham have declared that they think M’Vila is too defensive for their needs.

Either player has the quality and defensive discipline that Arsenal need, but if I had to put money on it I would go for M’Vila. Sahin is more of a deep lying playmaker and we need someone with grit to break up the opponents play. Who would you go for?

18 thoughts on “Biglia or M’Vila for Arsenal?

  • August 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

    I’ll go for M’villa and Nuri sahin..coz M’villa is much like song and for the Nuri is a creative player maker compare to wilshire…wenger must go for both of them and if posible one experience one…mr gooner from Kenya.

  • August 19, 2012 at 11:48 am

    Helo gunner’s lover.I knw dis is my season 2 lift my trophy,biglla is a gud ãŋd̶̲̥̅̊ expiriecnd player bt I wud choose m’villa cos is a very strong player lik song,wenger shud go 4 villa,he shud 4get abt d price been place on him,biglla is 2 cheap 4m.ãŋd̶̲̥̅̊ wenger shud mak sur warcot dos nt leav emirate.GUNNER till I die

  • August 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

    Biglia seems like a like for like replacement of Song as he often likes to go forward!! M’Vila would be my choice but apparently his attitude/ behaviour isn’t great which I believe is one of the reasons Song left!! So for all that I’ll take Capoue please 😀

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm

    I sugest arsene wenger shud go 4 m’villa as a replacement for alex song,cos m’villa has what it takes T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ play in arsenal side!he s very strong nd mobile on ball.m’villa 4 ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ wil b a Ǧϑ. Buy 4 us! Up gunners

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm

    Mvilla should be signed. Arsene stop selling our stars so that we can challenge the title.

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm

    Personally i would like to see m villa .

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:46 pm

    I think its going to be sahin permanently. arteta will play the dm role just as he did last season and just as he did yesterday. giving us one option of arteta sahin and cazorla with a back up of coquelin diaby rosicky and a further option of frimpong wilshire lansbury

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:51 pm

    I think the two players are good replacement for Song but I would prefer Biglia cos he is more experienced and cool headed than M’Villa

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm

    m’villa i wanted him but we won’t get him coz wenger not interested in him anymore so we’ll properly get sahin in and hopefully bring in center half and defensive midfielder

  • August 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm

    Both players are good,I will want the best for my very precious football club….UP GUNNERS!!!!

  • August 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm

    Plzzzzzzzzzzz AWG jo for M’Villa

  • August 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm

    Let’s not deceive ourselves the Board are only concern about money,they will not buy any of them if it exceed £10m bcos they like cheap article .the 1st match have opened our eye that we need a DM,striker,Defender .not those infants/dead woods we featured as players.

  • August 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm

    I prefer m’villa dan any of d bid cos Arsenal need standin midfielder nt sahin s nt a blockin mildfieder… I wish Arsene wenger should go 4 m’villa nd 4get discipline cos there ar lot of player wt dan character nd later change due 2 enviroment.

  • August 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm

    Just get m’villa,a striker nd maybe sahin nd dat’s it.

  • August 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm

    we should go for the frenchman mavilla

  • August 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm

    This people only knows about money, they don’t care whether trophy or no trophy, them is to get money. Well i will prefer M’villa and Biglia, they are both experience player. Gunners till death.

  • August 21, 2012 at 7:11 am

    Hi Gunners it going to b a great league 4 d gunners dis season,in respect to who and who shld b bought, one for bigila he surely experienceplaying in a less attractive league won d league has champions league experience and love playing deep moving upfront frm d midfield just like wat Song,but unlike d french boy M,villa he is strong mobile and rugged he thus nt move more static at d midfield which is a plus less experience but plays for french nation team young and upcoming talent which is wat AW likes,but d price on him is a little bit high dat might prompt AW to go for a less cheaper one and try to adjust him and make him bigilla more defencive.but on my own ithink d club shld go for m,villa we need ruggedity and a player dat is more diffensive ,i will go for m,villa (french man)and for Sahin it a don deal he coming in dis week up gunners!!!!!!!! 4ward ever

  • August 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

    We don’t need either of the two we have Coquelin who is better than the two plus even better than Diaby and Ramsey.he has more 30 yard pass remember our game against Koln the pass to Gibbs that led to goal.He also can use both feet well plus tackles are worth watching like Carling Cup against Man City.When played on loan in Lorient everyone agreed that one of the best needs a chance.The Q is when.to add to that there is Frimpong who is currently injured.i think if the is a player we should purchase Paulihno fits the billing @ $9m wow.