Brazilian To Re-Join Arsenal In June

Wellington Silva.

The problem with signing youngsters from Africa, Asia and South America is that they might not get work permit but one cannot gloss over the obvious presence of potentials just because of permit issues. That’s what loans are for.

Such is the tale of Arsenal’s Brazilian youngster Wellington Silva. The young Samba secured a switch to Arsenal a couple of years back but haven’t featured for the Gunners not even once owing to the much talked about problem. To this end, Arsenal have sent him on loan to different teams in Spain.

The loan move has helped solve two problems; the issue of regular football and that of permit. The good news is that he is close to securing the relevant documentation which will allow him to kick-start his Arsenal career. Silva believes he will shortly be granted a European passport, freeing him to stake a claim for a place in Wenger’s plans for 2014/15.

He told Lancenet: “The process to the get the passport is already under way.

“The Spanish law says that to request the documents you have to have been here two years. In January 2014, it will be three years so I think they will be ready.

“The pre-season in England starts in July and I’ll have a passport by then.

“I hope to have the opportunity to achieve my dream of playing for Arsenal. The team is strong and I hope to fit in well.”

Hope all works well. The Brazilian is highly rated and would certainly be a plus to the team. I don’t expect him to walk straight into the first team but he could provide a decent back-up to the attacking options in the first team. With Bendtner likely leaving in the winter or summer window and Yaya Sanogo battling injuries, Wenger will need players to play in the Capital One Cup, Wellington could be one to take the competition by storm.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment