Breaking!!! Lucas Torreira snaps to be the Best DM in the Premier League

Arsenal star Lucas Torreira has been snapped in training today, easing fears he could miss our Premier League clash with Newcastle United this weekend.

Torreira emerged as a doubt for the trip to St James’ Park on Saturday afternoon after begin forced off at half-time during Uruguay’s 4-1 victory over Mexico at the weekend.

The defensive midfielder was spotted sitting on the bench with an ice pack on his calf during the second half sparking concern that he had picked up an injury that could rule him out of action for Arsenal.

However, Uruguay coach Fabian Colito played down the player’s withdrawal after insisting it was just precautionary as Torreira flew back to north London to be checked over by Arsenal’s medical staff.

It seems the midfielder is fine as Torreira has been snapped with the rest of the first team squad in training today as Unai Emery and his coaching staff prepare for Saturday’s clash with Newcastle.

Emery took to Twitter to upload a photo of the squad in training today – and Torreira can be seen standing on the left near Nacho Monreal.

It’s a relief that Torreira’s injury wasn’t serious and I hope we now see him make his full debut this weekend. He’s been eased in to action by Emery following his summer move from Sampdoria but it’s time he started.

The South American has impressed off the bench in recent weeks and with Granit Xhaka’s form inconsistent and Matteo Guendouzi still learning the ropes, I think Emery would be mad not to make Torreira the focal point of our midfield.