Breaking & Official: Arsenal Seals 35m deal for Jean Michael Seri

Arsenal long term transfer target, Jean-Michael Seri can leave Nice for £35million, according to Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth.

The Ivorian has been linked with a move to Emirates in the past weeks as Unai Emery looks to improve on the squad Arsene Wenger left him.

Sheth says Borussia Dortmund and Napoli both want the 26-year-old as well.

But he claims Seri would prefer a move to the Premier League, which would put the Gunners in pole position.

“I’m being led to believe that there’s an agreement with his club that he will be allowed to leave for £35million,” Sheth said on the Transfer Talk podcast via Express.

“Now, it’s really interesting actually because he almost joined Barcelona.

“Now intriguingly, last summer, Arsenal’s current head of football operations, Raul Sanllehi, was the director of football at the Nou Camp and they wanted Jean-Michael Seri.

“Fast forward to January, Emery tried to sign him for Paris Saint-Germain. But concerns over Financial Fair Play rules for Paris Saint-Germain meant they went for a free transfer and brought in Lassana Diarra.

“There is an interest in Seri but there is competition as well.

“I’m told that Napoli and Borussia Dortmund are interested, but quite importantly the player’s preference is to come to the Premier League. I think that’s where he wants to shine.

“Arsenal are interested, there has been a long-standing history of the people at Arsenal being interested when they’ve been at previous clubs.

“So potentially, I think if Emery had his way, he could be his first signing.”

“We want to build on the club’s top six finish in the Championship last season, while at the same time bringing through some of the excellent youth and Academy talent we have at Pride Park.