Breaking! Wenger joins the boardroom at Arsenal

After 22-years as Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger decided to call it quit. The Frenchman has been questioned regularly on where his legs are taking him next.

And an answer has been provided to that today – he’s going to be a World Cup pundit for BeIN Sports.

Wenger admitted he had been offered several new jobs following the end of the Premier League season, but, having worked with BeIN Sports in the past, the Arsenal legend will, for a while, give his attention to media work during the World Cup, before evaluating his future

The former Arsenal manager believes he will move out of England, rather than facing Arsenal in competition.

He said during his final press conference: “That would be very difficult [to face Arsenal], I think on that day I would stay at home. At the moment I don’t envisage that.

“I had offers. But at the moment I did not even speak to anybody, I had many offers but I come out of such a long process. You can’t come out and the next morning say I go somewhere else. It’s impossible.

“Maybe it’s better I go somewhere else.”

Mikel Arteta is the most probable candidate to succeed Wenger at the Emirates Stadium, with the former Gunners player reportedly held talks with the club about becoming the manager at the North London club.