Nov 132012

As it has become glaringly obvious that Arsenal are no match for the top three teams in the League, the question now is can the Gunners win a trophy by any other avenue (and No, Fourth Place is not a trophy Mr Wenger!). In fact there are few Arsenal fans that would even back the Gunners in any Premier League multiples when they face Spurs this week!

According to the bookies Arsenal are short odds-on to win nothing this season (around 1/2) but are still only priced at 6/4 to win ANY trophy, simply because it looks like the Capital One Cup is a straight fight between Arsenal and Chelsea. Strangely enough Mr. Wenger doesn’t even consider that on as trophy!

If we look at the Champions League bets, Arsenal have little chance of winning the competition and are priced at 25/1 by bet365 to win it, which would inevitably mean that it is only the domestic cups that are possibles for Arsenal.

So, back to the League Cup, Arsenal face Bradford in the next round and should easily progress, but are only 2/1 second favourites behind Chelsea to win the competition, with Chelsea installed as 6/4 favourites.

In the FA Cup, which hasn’t even started yet for Premiership teams, Arsenal are 9/1 fourth favourites to win behind the inevitable New Top Three, but any serious backers may be put off by Wenger’s penchant for using peripheral players in Cup competitions, especially if there is a Champions League game played in the same week.

So come on Gooners, let’s be realistic. Can Arsenal win any trophy this season?

  1. Lets pray we do not get relegated….trophy will come when wenger is replaced

  2. Arsenal wont win any trophy unless leaves Wenger that what i believe

  3. wenger needs to change his mentality is n’t just working for him

  4. You are too pessimistic. You are too quick to write off the club. You are part of the negative impacts on the team. Stop if you have nothing important. Arsenal is not the only club in history to have gone through a rough period. Enough of these negative inputs from the so call fans.

  5. It’s such a shame to see a prestigious club as arsenal at the basement level while we are more than capable of being at the top. Wenger is a puppet in the hands of the board and until a serious owner such as Usmanov gets hold of Arsenal, i don’t think there will be a change.

  6. Wenger is the best man for the job at Arsenal currently. If you take him out of the equation, top 4 will be a myth.
    I can only see us winning the Carling cup. It will entirely depend on the squad Wenger uses again chelsea in the final (if we get there). i believe we will secure top 4.
    It is not Wenger that is Sending Arsenal downwards, its the board and their aspirations for the club currently. I believe Wenger is restricted financially and thats why i believe players such as Nasri, Van Persie and Clichy (not that i care) left, the club isnt really going anywhere in terms of competing for serious silverware. The Arsenal of now is to make profit, trophies aren’t top priority at the moment.
    I mean come on, Arsenals owner is richer than Chelsea. But Chelsea are more of a position to win the BPL and won the Champions League last season.
    But you HAVE to also respect what Wenger does, he spends little but always secures top 4 and always qualitfies to knockout stages of the Champions league. RESPECT WENGER. Screw the board.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)