`
Chelsea’s Assistant Manager Urged Arsenal To Complete €80m Move Antoine Griezmann – Arsenal Banter

Chelsea’s Assistant Manager Urged Arsenal To Complete €80m Move Antoine Griezmann

Former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins has urged his league rivals Arsenal to sign Atletico Madrid’s and French international Antoinne Griezmann this summer.

The French forward is currently tipped as of Europe’s top footballers, having established himself at the Vicente de Calderon with brilliant performances. Griezmann was one of the top three nominees for the 2016 Ballon d’or, finishing as runner up to Cristiano Ronaldo.

The French striker is being linked with a move to the Premier League and the Emirates is being touted as one of his possible destination.

Wilkins has now urged Arsenal to do everything possible to sign the forward, insisting he would be a perfect fit for us.

“I would like to see him at Arsenal,” he told talkSPORT, as quoted by the Daily Star.

“He is an Arsenal man all day long.

“He’s not only a goalscorer but he’s a footballer.

“He’s a bit (Alexis) Sanchez.

“I’d like them to go in for him, maybe not get him, but make a contest.”

Just like every club with ambition, Arsenal seem to be really interested in signing Greizmann but the question on everybody’s lips is if Wenger can pull this deal through.

The striker has an £85m release clause in his contract which any interested club would need to activate. Arsenal’s history in the transfer market doesn’t indicate that we would pay that much.

Of a truth, Greizmann would be a perfect signing for Arsenal and the forward who can play anywhere across the front four will be a massive acquisition for us but whether we will be willing to spend big to bring him here remains to be seen.