Close ! £27m Bid Submitted – Lucas Moura To Become A Gunner Soon – Arsenal Banter

Close ! £27m Bid Submitted – Lucas Moura To Become A Gunner Soon

According to reports making rounds in Brazil via the Daily Star, Arsenal have approached Paris Saint-Germain with an offer to buy their attacker Lucas Moura with the French giants willing to sell for £27m.

Arsene Wenger is still looking to improve his squad in the closing stages of the transfer window after make just two signings so far and another attacker seems to be on his wishlist.

Arsenal have been heavilt linked with Thomas Lemar in recent weeks but Monaco are driving ahard  bargain so itlooks like Wenger  is searching for a  back-up plan and Moura has now emerged as a serious option.

The Brazilian international has been playing for PSG since 2013 and has registered 220 appearances so far, scoring 45 goals and providing 47 assists in the process.

However, the 24-year-old’s future at the Parc des Princes is hanging in serious doubt following the arrival of Neymar from Barcelona and the Daily Star are citing a report from UOL Esporte that claims Arsenal are keen to lure him to the Emirates.

The Brazilian media outlet says the Gunners have already seen a proposal rejected by PSG but they are willing to do business at around £27m – which seems like a superb price in today’s market for a player of Moura’s quality.

Teams in Italy are also reportedly keen but the newspaper says Arsenal have the most serious interest and we could get our man if Wenger offers Moura a spot in the starting line-up this season.

The attacker wants to play regularly to boost his chances of being called up to the Brazil national squad for next summers World Cup finals so that will play a key role in his decision this summer.

Moura is predominantly a right-winger but he can play anywhere across the attacking positions so he’d give the boss plenty of options in the final third if we do end up buying him.

Lemar looks to be a huge talent and I’d love to see him come to Arsenal but if we can’t get a deal agreed with Monaco then Moura would be a superb alternative.