Arsenal Banter brings you latest update on Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail, Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on.
Arsenal are still interested in bringing Thomas Lemar to the Emirates from Monaco and could make a third bid for the attacking midfielder, according to Sky Sports News reporter Dave Reed.
The journalist has claimed that Arsenal intent in their decision to sign the 21-year-old attacking midfielder this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his squad ahead of the coming season.
Arsenal are said to have already had two bids for Lemar rejected by the French club as Wenger bids to try and land the player as his third summer signing.
And Sky Sports News reporter Reed has delivered the latest update about Arsenal’s link to the attacker.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Thursday evening, Reed said: “This is a transfer story that just will not go away. Arsenal remain interested in Monaco’s Thomas Lemar.
“The French club said last week that Lemar was essential to their plans and have rejected two bids from Arsenal already in this window.
“Interestingly, Monaco have announced the signing of an attacking player – Adama Diakhaby. Could their position now change?”
Arsenal have bought two players so far this summer as Wenger gears up for his next season in charge at The Emirates.
The north London side have signed Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette so far as Wenger looks hopes his team would lift their first Premier League title since their famous unbeaten triumph in 2004.