`
CONFIRMED by Manager: £56m-RATED Superstar On HIS Way To Arsenal In 24-Hours – Arsenal Banter

CONFIRMED by Manager: £56m-RATED Superstar On HIS Way To Arsenal In 24-Hours

There are report coming from top English media outlet claiming Club Brugge’s and Belgium international defender – who has been strongly linked with a possible move to Arsenal – has admitted that he does not seem ready to move the Emirates stadium this summer.

In his short interview with Het Laatste Niews – a Belgia outlet – the 21-year-old said as quoted via The Telegraph,

“That [a move to Dortmund or Arsenal] is a bridge too far for me at the moment.

“A mid-table team [in a big league] would be the ideal next step for me and there have been some serious offers from such teams.

“I am staying calm, though. I only want to be informed about it when Club also agree to a transfer.

“I am 100 per cent focused on Club now and that will not change so long as I am here. Playing in the Champions League is a nice prospect as well.”

Also, as per Marca [via The Telegraph] it claimed we’ve been informed by Atletico Madrid that we must activate Jose Gimenez’ release clause believe to be in the range of £56m if we want to secure the service of the Uruguayan.

Speculations broke out earlier this week claiming Arsenal have been linked with the 24-year-old’s and his representatives are reportedly in discussion with the Gunners in respect of his move to the Emirates stadium.

However, it has now been cleared that Wenger must now activate the release embedded into his new contract agreed with the Rojiblancos in January.