elneny

Confirmed By Skysports – Arsenal Complete Deal For £100,000-a-week Spaniard

It seems that Arsenal are focused on agreeing new deals with their current stars more than signing new players in the winter transfer window.

Recently, Wenger has confirmed that he is looking to extend the contracts of veteran stars like Per Mertesacker and Santi Cazorla (via Mirror).

Now, Olivier Giroud has claimed that he is close to extending his contract with the North Londoners (The Guardian via Telefoot):

“We are about to reach an agreement for an extension [to my contract]. It was also a gesture of confidence, I want to continue the adventure here in this family of Arsenal. I feel good here.”

The 30-year-old French international has mainly warmed the bench for the Gunners this season. He has only started three league games because Wenger has preferred Alexis Sanchez in the center forward position.

Even without regular starts, Olivier has consistently performed well. He has scored 6 goals and provided 4 assists in the Premier League.

Overall, in just 6 starts (19 appearances), the former Ligue 1 striker has scored 9 goals and provided 5 assists in the current campaign. Giroud is an effective striker for Arsenal but he is not world class.

Currently, the Les Bleus star earns (Star) £100,000-a-week (€115,000-a-week) with the Gunners. In your opinion, does Giroud deserve a contract extension?

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment