Confirmed By SkySports ! Arsenal Complete Move For Spanish Forward – Arsenal Banter

Confirmed By SkySports ! Arsenal Complete Move For Spanish Forward

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez has his publicly revealed his wish to sign Arsenal’s outcast forward Lucas Perez this summer and is aware of the players he needs to sign before the transfer deadline.

Perez, 28, moved to Arsenal from Deportivo La Coruna last summer but was not given enough game time by Arsene Wenger. The versatile Spaniard started just two Premier League games last season and did not make any appearance from March onwards.

Perez has made it clear he wishes to leave Arsenal this summer and the Gunners have told him that he will be allowed to depart the capital if they receive an offer worth €15m (13.55m, $17.7m) for his services. Wenger admitted that Perez will leave the club in a recent press conference, and refused to rule out the possibility of a loan move.

Newcastle have made some  purchase from the transfer market  already this summer but  Benitez is keen to add more players to his squad and has named Perez as one player who could his attacking prowess during the current campaign.

The former Real Madrid boss is well familiar with Perez thanks to his “good friends” at Deportivo, who are interested in bringing their former hitman back to Spain, and is keen to help his compatriot breath life to his career after essentially wasting a whole season at Arsenal.

Speaking after Newcastle’s 2-0 win over Hellas Verona in their final pre-season friendly on Sunday (6 August), Benitez told the Mirror: “I like the player [Perez] because I have good friends in La Coruña.

“I know that he did really well. He’s come here and not played in many games, but I like the player. We know what we need and will try to do it until the end of the transfer window. We are now trying to move in different directions at the same time.”

Arsenal’s Perez is not the only Spaniard that Benitez is reportedly interested in signing. Sky Sports News claims that Newcastle are interested in luring West Ham United goalkeeper Adrian away from The London Stadium after the arrival of Joe Hart made the 30-year-old fall down the pecking order.

Hammers boss Slaven Bilic has asserted that he wants Adrian to remain in east London after allowing Darren Randolph to join Championship outfit Middlesbrough earlier this summer, but Benitez reportedly sees the former Real Betis stopper as a prime target.