Confirmed – The ‘Ox’ Agree New £150,000-per-week Deal – Arsenal Banter

Confirmed – The ‘Ox’ Agree New £150,000-per-week Deal

After a disappointing campaign last season, the Gunners had some serious revamping to do over the summer, and they did exactly that. The acquisition of Alexandre Lacazette left the fans feeling very confident of a good run in the new season, whilst Sead Kolasinac’s performances have left demanding for more actions.

Add a couple of good early results – as they have – and things are looking good for Arsenal.

However, the Gunners are beginning to encounter some problems – and they surround Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The Englishman is in the final year of his deal and he is yet to put pen to paper for the club.

Unfortunately, the two parties don’t look close to finding a common ground, as according to Goal, the Ox is demanding a whopping £150,000-per-week to sign a new deal – a fee that Arsenal are said to be unwilling to pay.

Currently reportedly raking in £65,000-per-week, he is demanding an increase of almost £100,000-per-week, and Arsenal are, unsurprisingly, unwilling to make such an improvement

It is a shame that the situation has to come to this, as the midfielder has really come of age over the last 18 months or so, but with improved performance comes the calling vultures vying for his signature, and the Ox thinks he deserves a raise.

There is no doubting that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain deserves a raise, but these demands are a bit on the high side.

He isn’t guaranteed to be a starter at the Emirates, and that salary would place him amongst some of the Premier League’s highest earners.

It will hurt to let him go, but the Gunners may have no choice but to let him go.

One thought on “Confirmed – The ‘Ox’ Agree New £150,000-per-week Deal

  • August 18, 2017 at 10:00 am

    It’s the same as every other year lots of smoke but no fire,we are becoming a laughing stock when it comes to transfers all of our rivals identify the players they want to sign then go out and buy them.We seem to miss out on so many occasions haggling over the fee or wages.It’s ironic Arsene wants top dollar for our deadwood yet he wants to replace them by paying peanuts Get Real Arsene.