`
Schalke boss reveals Huntelaar could be sold this summer? – Arsenal Banter

Schalke boss reveals Huntelaar could be sold this summer?

Schalke’s Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar is one of the hottest assets at the moment, as the forward who is currently with Holland at the EURO 2012 tournament has refused to extend his contract with the German side.

With the prolific Huntelaar and Robin Van Persie, Holland were one of the pre-tournament favourites in the Bwin Betting but after two losses both players may be available to have renewed contract talks.

According to rumours, Arsenal might be ready to take advantage of Huntelaar’s situation, especially given the fact that the Dutchman has a fairly low buyout clause, at least if we take into consideration the full extent of his talent.

After holding strong for a while regarding Huntelaar’s transfer, Schalke’s general manager Horst Heldt has admitted that the Dutchman has a buyout clause, one which can even be met by the Gunners despite their low fee transfer policy.

“Huntelaar does have a €20 million buyout clause” Heldt told Bild.

A transfer fee which would amount to around £17m would definitely be in the range for Arsene Wenger who is looking to build his team during this summer and has launched an attack on the title, saying that Arsenal must compete for Premiership glory next season.

Arsenal are also in the run for Montpellier’s striker Olivier Giroud, and rumours have it that they are very close to landing him. If the Frenchman will be brought to the Emirates, the interest in Huntelaar would certainly stop given the fact that they mostly play on the same position and it would probably be a bad idea to use them both in the same line-up.

4 thoughts on “Schalke boss reveals Huntelaar could be sold this summer?

  • June 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

    If RVP stays, and we get Giroud, I’m not sure we need Huntelaar. However, we need to remember we have some strikers on the out at the minute. Bendtner, Vela, Chamakh & possibly Park. Perhaps if we sold Vela and Bendtner it might be an idea to get Huntelaar. Being able to rotate our squad is important to help our chances of winning a trophy over the 4 competitions.

    • June 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm

      He will not sit on bench so why sign him….??

  • June 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm

    Wow ….
    The worlds best front line.
    Van persie
    Huntelaar
    Giroud
    Podolski
    Thats so good, it scares me

  • June 15, 2012 at 3:32 pm

    If huntelaar comes van persie will go, they dont get on that well and dont play well together, as shown in the euros. Not to mention huntelaar isnt half as good as rvp.